One of the biggest challenges mid to large-size companies face is engaging and activating its Subject Matter Experts or SMEs. SMEs are typically not content creators, so the process of sharing their knowledge with the world can sometimes be difficult. Both for the SME, and the company. Companies that cannot engage its SMEs in the content creation process are missing a huge opportunity to help not only its employees internally, but to better communicate your company’s core mission and product benefits to customers externally.
This is why I have created The Edge. The Edge is a SME Accelerator Program, designed to engage your SMEs in the content creation process, and to help them build their own visibility and personal brand. Additionally, The Edge works with employees to help cultivate future SMEs, and to increase the content creation, engagement and visibility of all your employees who are active on social media.
Here are the key features and benefits of The Edge:
- Optimization of employee social media accounts to increase engagement and visibility. This will also ensure that social content created by your employees is consistent in brand voice and tone.
- Social media training and mentorship for your SMEs. In addition to working with your SMEs to improve their content creation efforts, my team will also work with your SMEs to increase their engagement and visibility online. Additionally, we will work with your SMEs to help secure media appearances and speaking appearances, such as guesting on podcasts and speaking at industry conferences and events. I will also work with your SMEs to coach them on how to improve both their interviewing and speaking skills. I will also work with your SMEs on the content and structure of their presentations, ensuring their speaking is a success for themselves, and as a representative of your company.
- Digital and content training for all your employees. This will greatly increase your employees’ ability to generate content that drives engagement for your company. In this process, I will also identify SMEs that are good candidates for additional training and mentoring.
- The Edge helps you retain current employees longer, and it makes it easier to hire new ones. Let’s be honest, SMEs are always in high demand. The Edge gives you all the tools to ensure that your SMEs are successful in their professional careers, which increases their loyalty to your company. The loss of SMEs creates a huge loss of skills for your employees. The Edge gives you a way to not only retain your current SMEs longer, but it can also be used to hire additional SMEs. When jobseekers discover that your have a program like The Edge, which is dedicated to their professional growth, it becomes a massive competitive advantage for your company. It communicates to SMEs that your company values their skills and knowledge, and wants to help them reach their full potential.
- Training your employees on how to properly use social media and create content, ensures that your employees engage customers with a consistent brand voice. This has a very positive impact on your company’s reputation, and increases engagement and visibility for your company, and all your digitally-active employees.
- Additional content from your SMEs and employees greatly improves the effectiveness of your company’s entire content strategy.
The Edge not only accelerates the progress and growth of your SMEs, but it helps establish them as thought leaders in their space. Why is this important? Not only is your company facing stiff competition for the best SMEs from other companies in your industry, but now it’s facing competition from social media platforms as well. All major social media platforms either have or are about to roll out monetization options for its content creators. The Edge gives your company a way to proactively help your SMEs develop and monetize their personal brands.
In the last 15 years, I’ve seen many smart employees and companies of all shapes and sizes become though leaders and build strong personal brands for themselves. I’ve become friends with many of those thought leaders, and they often tell me that would have loved to stay with their company, but they felt that they could better grow on their own. Typically, they didn’t feel like their employee gave them the support they needed to keep growing.
The Edge gives your employees and SMEs the support they need to keep growing their personal and professional brands, and to keep growing your company’s brand as well.
The Edge requires a minimum 6-month commitment. Only a limited number of clients for The Edge SME Accelerator Program will be accepted in 2021. If you want to discuss availability and to see if The Edge is a good fit for your company, please use the contact form below, and myself or a member of my team will be in touch with you ASAP.
Give your company The Edge against the competition and unleash the power of your SMEs today!
[contact-form][contact-field label=”Name” type=”name” required=”true” /][contact-field label=”Email” type=”email” required=”true” /][contact-field label=”Website” type=”url” /][contact-field label=”Message” type=”textarea” /][/contact-form]