After 5 months of writing, the manuscript for Think Like a Rock Star has been handed off to my editor at McGraw-Hill, and the book is now available for pre-order on Amazon!
There’s still the editing process to go through, but I wanted to give you a bit more information on what the book will include and why you should buy it.
- Tons and tons of case studies and insights from some of the top rock stars and brands in the world. The book will have dozens of examples from the world’s top rock stars and brands showing how they connect with their fans. Rock stars like Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Amanda Palmer, Sarah McLachlan, Blink 182, and brands like Billboard, Dell, Ford, Patagonia, The Red Cross, Red Bull, YouTube, and many more.
- Specific How-Tos throughout the book that show your brand how to cultivate and connect with your fans. Perhaps the biggest rule I had for myself when writing this book was that if I told you why you should do anything, I had to then tell you HOW to as well.
- Step-By-Step instructions. Want to know how to launch a brand ambassador program? I walk you through the steps that need to happen. Want to know how to respond to negative customers online and convert them into fans of your brand? I give you the exact steps that you need to follow.
- Everything your brand needs to know to become a truly fan-centric brand, even down to staffing requirements and what internal and external teams will look like. Every position will be broken down and their specific responsibilities will be described. You officially have no more excuses!
- This was a fun book to write and it will be a fun book to read. My pet peeve when it comes to most business books is that they read like a textbook. Not Think Like a Rock Star, it has a ton of wonderful stories woven throughout and it’s the business book for people that hate reading business books.
- If you want more Likes on Facebook or RTs on Twitter, this is not the book for you. This book won’t teach you how to use social media to spread your message or how to turn your customers into mindless billboards. Instead, it will teach you how to see the true value in your fans and to understand how to cultivate a relationship with them that benefits you both.
Thankfully, Amazon has finally updated its system and Think Like A Rock Star is available for pre-order! The book won’t be released until April 19th, 2013. Here’s how Amazon’s pre-order process works: If you order the book now, your credit card isn’t charged until the book ships in 6 months. Additionally (and this is the best part!), if the price drops AFTER you pre-order the book, you get it at that price. For example, as I am writing this post, the current price on Amazon for Think Like A Rock Star is $22.00, which is the list price. A couple of days ago it was $14.96, which means if you had ordered the book a couple of weeks ago when it was still $22.00, you’d actually get it for only $14.96. The price has been going up and down for the last couple of weeks and my guess is it will eventually settle in at around $14.96.
If you are considering ordering Think Like A Rock Star, I would ask you to please pre-order it now. There’s a couple of big reasons why pre-orders will help:
- More pre-orders signals to Amazon and other online booksellers that they need to order more copies of the book from the publisher. Which also signals to McGraw-Hill that they need to print more copies of the book. This increases the marketing support that my publisher will give the book, which only improves its chances of being successful.
- Pre-orders are counted toward book sales on the day the book is first available for sale. This is important because it means the book will have a much higher sales rank when it is published, which greatly increases its chances of making those nifty bestseller lists. Which also means more copies will be ordered and stocked by booksellers!
So if you have been considering ordering Think Like A Rock Star anyway, please do go ahead and pre-order it. That would be a great help to me and $15 or so for the book isn’t that much. I’ve heard from a few of you that you’ve already pre-ordered the book. Thank you SO much for your support, it truly means the world to me!
If you want to pre-order Think Like A Rock Star from Amazon, click this link. Thank you!